March 10, 2011

John Galliano Fall/Winter 2011 RTW

The news of Galliano being let loose from Dior may have taken fashion headlines, but we mustn't forget that John Galliano's namesake label is now also void of a designer.   For Fall/Winter 2012, the Galliano collection seemed particularly reminiscent of Dior.  It may have just been due to the recent events, but it's hard not to make this connection with the fur, slanted hats, signature Dior silhouette, and Boho dresses moving from the Dior runway, to that of Galliano's.  This collection was shown in an intimate setting in a salon, with models slinking around as if they were simply at home.  It started off with the classic thirties slim waist, updated with frayed ends, latex skirts and fur collars:
Then printed and sheer dresses came out, sometimes being worn underneath big, artfully tailored coats:
To finish it all off, sheer, satiny and sparkly were all blended into masterfully designed dresses (with the second forest green dress being my favourite):
What is to become of this label is uncertain, but at least it gives the fashion world a glimmer of hope that Galliano is not all lost.

Watch the entire show here.

Image Source: Style.com

20 comments:

  1. i heard galliano he really takes glamour to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the purple dresses are to die for! I love the silhouttes!

    http://burningskyy.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think this collection is galliano's best work, but it is a throwback to what he is good at. the drama, 40's/50's silhouette. i wish the best for him, because in my heart i don't believe he meant what he said or any hatred towards anyone, i'm sure this will not be the end of him.
    nice blog and commentaries!

    amoreEggrorr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is serious fashion art. Wow. I love the feather skirt, the fur accents, and the fantastic patterns!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said what I thought as soon as I saw the collection. In fact, this show is completely different from the other seasons. The sophistication and the shapes, all the thign you told. are really dior (that is, however, Galliano's mind but that in the past years the two brands were really different). MAybe the past shows weren't so commercial.... In fact Toledano said that without Dior Galliano's brand wouldn't survive and we have to remind that Galliano's maison is own for 96% (if I'm not wrong...) by DIor, LVMH. SO this is such a strange situation o.o

    http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will def be interesting to see what happens. and goodness, these looks are priceless. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arhhhhh!!! Some of these outfits are breathlessly gorgeous.

    Keep following my blog. X

    http://misscouturevintagex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the collection! It really is too bad with all the stuff going on though :/
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful ! What a pity ! Galliano lost himself !
    http://selenite.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. so stunned about the news about galliano! such a shame! he was recently at my boutique and was so nice! hard to imagine the crazy news! but it is true as per the videos!

    xx.M

    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the collection, so glamourous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pieces are really amazing. I love the last dress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, the Old Hollywood Glamour portrayed in this collection seriously gives me chills. Love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. very classy....i could walk like a queen..I also love the knee high boots on the Dior post..thanks for the birthday greetings!=)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure Galliano will recover from this incident, it will take time but fans and fashion industry figures cannot totally dump this talent altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Before I read you post , the first thing I thought was Dior! Anyway, it's a fab collection. Have a great weekend XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel sad and happy at the same time when I look at this collection. I adore the maxi dresses and the mood. I agree with Fashion To Go above that Galliano will make a comeback and I don't ever excuse what he said but I always believe that people can grow to be better with the proper help and love from friends. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I honestly love Galliano more after what he said. I dont take it very seriously and I love the fashion he creates!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This show is truely amazing! I love the way it was presented, and Oh Karlie Koss is my muse :P

    ReplyDelete