March 28, 2011

Talbots Fall/Winter 2011 RTW

When I was little, I spent the majority of my shopping experiences in stores like Talbots, The Bay and Holt Renfrew.  Obviously, I wasn't shopping for myself, but I used to spend hours and hours in those stores with my parents.  My mom went to Talbots so often that when she walked in, the salespeople would greet her by name, and I knew the layout of the store like the back of my hand.  Back then, I wasn't interested in fashion at all, and shopping with my mom was absolutely dreadful.  My mom has stopped shopping at Talbots for many years now, and I pretty much dismiss it as a store for the older demographic, and as a store that doesn't quite "get" fashion.  But while sifting through style.com yesterday, I saw Talbots under the list of recent Fall/Winter 2012 collections, and I decided to check it out.  Wow!  Talbots seems to have moved away from their usual shapeless tops and overly classic designs for something more fashion conscious!  Maybe they made this shift years ago, and I just never payed attention, but either way, it's a shift for the better.  Here's a look at some of Talbots' best Fall 2012 looks:
The nicer cuts, leopard print, and use of other fabrics - this is not the Talbots I grew up with.  They still cater to professional, classic woman, but now they do it with flair.  Looking at this collection makes me slightly nostalgic, and maybe next time, instead of breezing past the store, I'll take a look inside.

See the entire collection here.

Image Source: Style.com

22 comments:

  1. not bad at all! i also associate talbots w/my mom (and ann taylor loft, which also has had a huge turnaround recently in terms of having stuff i'll actually buy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ciao,
    your post is really chic!

    thanks for your kind comment ......impossible to translate my post ....it's something like a joke ...no translation possible ...you need to be Italian

    love ave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to feel the same way about Talbots but I noticed the shift last summer. I'll admit that over the last year I've bought several items from Talbots and have been quite pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never ever been to a Talbots. But (maybe it's because I've finally matured) I find these looks to be extremely refined, classy and put-together! And man, the "productivity" I've been experiencing is really overdue. I wish I had it at the beginning of the semester.

    hearts, laura ♥
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Refined style for an elegant,clasic (but no bore) woman

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colection and the hair's model look great! That is a cute story, My mom never was a fan of the shoopings, so maybe she is not my mother lol.

    See you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, classic pieces for a sophisticated woman! Thanks, lovely, for stopping by the blog today. As usual, a little note awaits you for next time you're by! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just discovered their website recently and I thought they have really cute, classic pieces that I want to buy! Especially the jackets and dresses are my favorites! So are you on a spring break now?! Lucky you! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection, really chic and I love especially the colors and the animalier print.
    This collection has a nice modern elegant style, wow!


    fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. timeless! like -> anna beck->

    My NEW GIVEAWAY! Spread the word!

    xx.M

    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing clothes and collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looooove the skirt in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!!! Eugenia Silva!! she is awesome and so friendly! :D great post!!!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. the collection in Talbots are very elegant, high class, I love the designs, you mom has an eye for style, is'nt it fun when our mothers love fashion as well?=)

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's really nice to see stores revolve and change their styles :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that red dress! Great turnaround, while staying true to the traditional Talbot elegance :)
    x

    Laura @ theblogofobsessivecoolness.blogspot.com
    P.S. Re The Daily Traditionalist (and author)...haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oo interesting, because I haven;t heard of this brand before, but it kinda reminds me a lot of my favourite brand "Reiss" from the UK. Love their choice of model here, and my favourite is the camel coat with red shoes. I'd snap that up right away.

    www.styleonthecouch.wordpress.com
    www.twitter.com/styleonthecouch

    ReplyDelete
  18. @deppa: Haha! A good sign of hospital mishap... ;)

    @Dear Girl Wallflower: My mom doesn't quite love fashion as much as I do. When I was younger, she spent hours in the mall, but now, she's happiest relaxing at home (and I'm the one now who wants to spend hours in the mall!). She enjoys fashion, but doesn't love it. Oh but that doesn't mean we don't have fun shopping together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. great post! love your picks. adore the black lace dress. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all the looks! great post!

    http://nail-art-victim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg I LOVE the teal heels!!! xoxo

    http://abbygirl810.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete