April 12, 2011

Chloé: A story of lust

Lately, it seems as if Holt Renfrew has not been skimping when it comes to making its customers feel welcomed!  Everytime I shop there, I have been greeted by complimentary drinks from Starbucks and chocolate.  This time, I was greeted with glasses of white and red wine (which, of course, I did not try), and a piece of absolutely delicious cake in the form of a baby blue Marc by Marc Jacobs bag to celebrate the label's 10th anniversary.

With the spring stock finally calling Holt Renfrew its home, there were fantastic new pieces on the racks, some taken straight off the runway.  In the shoe department, there was one shoe in particular that had me sweeping it up, and unwilling to put it back down.  And that shoe was a pair of Chloé braided strap flats in nude:
The glimmer of the braided, silver chain ankle strap makes this more than just your average pair of flats.  I love how the simplicity of the flat is paired with the elegance and glamour of the ankle strap.  But that does not mean the rest of the flat is not beautiful in itself.  The leather vamp of the shoe is smooth and polished, and the round toe is shaped to perfection.
This flat also comes in metallic black leather, but I find the nude matches better with the ankle strap, and it's more feminine.  However, I do recall the leather looking slightly darker - more towards a brown - in real life, but maybe I am mistaken.

If there's any way to subtly draw attention to your shoes, this is one of them.  Chloé has given me yet another thing to lust after.

Image Source: Lyst, Net-a-Porter

29 comments:

  1. Darling nice blog

    Ps i want to invite you to my first giveaway

    xx
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a little sparkle and glimmer in my step ;)

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely ballerina.

    You are right the black one isn't so nice .

    ciao ave

    new post by me

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have every right to lust after this Chloe flats! It's gorgeous! I love shoes with ankle straps lately..they add such an elegant touch!

    Yeah, my exboyfriend didn't really care about the romantic things I did for him. It's sad, really but now, I realize I need to be with someone who appreciates all the things I do for him! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am in love.... that shoe is nice and the chain ankle strap gives even more character. prefer it in the black though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. a comfy little cute flat!!!

    xx.M

    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...finding something to obcess about is another sleepless nights if I were you lol! I am not a big fan of flats bec Im not tall..but these ones are very classy and of course, duh...Chloe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, those are possibly the most beautiful shoes EVER! I totally need them in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These shoes are absolutely amazing, I love the nude model. i agree with every words of your post and I think that Chloè is making really gorgeus shoes and accessories during the McGibbon and philo (before...), periods....

    http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I like such flats!

    Vicky
    new post: .m.a.x.i.:&
    follow me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, the nude color is definitely THE one! They're gorgeous ... I can see why you didn't want to put them down! Gorge! Everytime I read your posts it's hard for me to believe that you're a teenager ... you're so verrrry fashion savvy and write very well ... FABulous, darling. Thanks for stopping by the blog, sweet. Left you a little response in return, as usual ;)

    Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou
    http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @oohlafroufrou

    ReplyDelete
  12. They make lovely shoes, especially the ballet types. These are pretty XOXo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I am in awe! I adore these shoes, I really see what you mean about "subtly drawing attention." These flats are so chic they would attract eyes from miles away, yet they don't try to hard or go over the top. Plus they look versatile and walkable as well! The thin gold band is the perfect touch. Gosh, starbucks, chocolate, and cake? I'm jealous! I wish we had more Holt-Renfrews here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soo cute! I love the detail and the extra oomph that it gives to an otherwise simple shoe :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous! perfect for this season!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely shoes, I love them in "rose poudré" !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, a better response to this pair of flats than I thought! I didn't think so many people would like it as much as I do!

    @E: I agree with you. I think Chloe is doing really well lately. Making some fabulous pieces that will be sure to be coveted.

    @Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou: Thank you so very much! No matter how many times I get told that, I am flattered each and every time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to admit I'm a bit addicted to Chloé. I force myself not to buy more than two items in one season. But believe me, it is so hard! These shoes are on my wishlist, ofcourse.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to agree - these are just to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  20. There is so much to lust over at Chloe. I'm not usually a fan of flats but the strap really attracts me to these. I love the sound of these shopping experiences though - free Starbucks and chocolate?! Can I please come with you next time?
    www.styleonthecouch.wordpress.com
    www.twitter.com/styleonthecouch

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love these shoes! so fabulous. i like the nude color best!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete