June 23, 2012

First Love

Fashion is constant sensory overload.  Dizzying paisley prints demand your attention, the clink of multiple gold bangles invade your ear, the ripple of pleating against your palm - our senses take a lot of battering from fashion.  But as much as it's a battering, each punch is sealed with a kiss.  How do I know then, when among all this beauty, I truly love something?  I love a lot of things in fashion, but only when...

...I find myself wandering within the crevices of beaded embellishment, sweeping my eyes across each and every stone.
...I'm stunned by the sharpness of strict, angular tailoring, or lulled by a soft, caressing cut.
...my heart aches at the way a dress drapes and floats ever so perfectly, making every second feel like a precious, fleeting moment.
...I have a profound urge to reach out and feel the tickling of a feather plume, the ridges of a snakeskin bag, or the cool touch of metal hardware.
...I dive into a fantastic colour, deeper and deeper until the colour saturates my swimming mind.
...I'm seduced into another era, exploring rich history; or thrown into another land, tiptoeing through uncharted paths.
...I'm lost in the vertical slices of knife pleat skirt, or swept up and gathered in Grecian ruching.
...I have no greater desire than to open up a jacket and examine the flawless construction and straight seams - every designer's true signature.

Fashion as poetry, written for my first love.

Image Source: Photo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

18 comments:

  1. So many beautiful things!! I love the jewels in the first one!!! And thanks so much for the comment on my blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The true words of a fashionista. I am in LOVE with this post! My favorite?

    "...I'm seduced into another era, exploring rich history; or thrown into another land, tiptoeing through uncharted paths." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful chic shots!
    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yah these are gorgeous images..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Angelina! Visual poetry, put into words... What a fabulous post... I was too busy reading and almost missed the pictures, but then, you made them so special...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very thoughtful post, it made me think a lot (like lots of your posts) and I think that it is due to the fact that I really mirror myself in some of the sentences you wrote ;)

    http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems that you are very inspired.. OH love has differents ways to express its feeelings <3

    Pretty pictures too,
    I hope you are having a wonderful week.
    See you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. did you made this ? This has to be published somewere, not only in your blog, wow....i love all the lines...
    my fave: ..."I'm seduced into another era, exploring rich history; or thrown into another land, tiptoeing through uncharted paths." and this "...I have no greater desire than to open up a jacket and examine the flawless construction and straight seams - every designer's true signature."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post ! I love this amazing picture with the blue flying dress !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWWW Ange, I love this post, and the accompanying pictures.


    Thanks for the comment!
    XXASAB
    Newest post: New Designs: Prints

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww. Gorgeous images. Fashion really is another form of beauty.

    I passed on the Sunshine Award to you. Check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. woooo what a pics....so gorgeous!!!

    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a beautiful writer. It's obvious you really are in love with fashion. Gorgeous images to go along with your poetry too.

    May the force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  14. love all the off-white. and how cute is that pleated skirt and the feather bag?!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exquisite pieces! Well said ;)

    I have a giveaway going if your interested. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome post!

    x


    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    P.S check out my giveaway and win some awesome chic 3D Glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh!!! all the dress looks breathtaking especially pic 3 and 5 (specially 5 looks divine).

    PS: sorry I havent been online at all in recent weeks, I am up to my head busy I feel like my head is going to explode.

    http://stylemefab.onsugar.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. so inspiring!


    oxoxoxo from San Francisco
    Amy
    http://bridechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete