March 17, 2014

R.I.P. L'Wren Scott






























I became aware of the shocking and tragic news through Facebook. "Designer L'Wren Scott Found Dead".

Silence.  Just silence.

Time froze as I recalled what I knew of Scott.  I wasn't a follower of her work, but I knew who she was. I first encountered her in Vogue when she gave a tour of her home, as seen in the above photo. Even through the pages, I could tell she had a presence - that raven hair, those mile-long legs, and that smile. It made you think she knew something you didn't. She exuded confidence.

Throughout the years, I've chanced upon her name several more times in magazines, learning she was a former model, a respected celebrity stylist, an avid vintage jewellery collector, and a designer of glamorous, sensual, and always radiant pieces.

To a talented designer, stunning model, and beautiful woman, may you R.I.P.

Image Source: Vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment